Wednesday, April 11, 2012

False Alarm???

A Response to Mr. Calvino

At times I look here and there for the flash. And then I recoil back to my seat, all the time carefully keeping a watch, "No one's noticed me i hope!"

Then there are times when I take a deep breath, and with my teeth clenched I peep out, scared that its there!! Right there around the corner!! But after a few minutes of eye-popping-out anxiety, there inches in despair when a grey cat runs around brushing itself on the glass bar.

Then, there are times when I just missed it. Walking in a crowd I sense it right behind me. I turn around furiously fast as if in fear of a tactile sensation. But I missed it. I quickly recoil, putting right my white collar, hurriedly brushing away my sweat and feigning as if a stupid bee just bumped on my shoulder.

Then there are times when I just long to see it... I wait and wait and wait as the taxi comes across to me throbbing, engulfing me in its air. "There's nothing out there missie", he hits my attention. And as I enter I can still see the shards across the dirty pitch, straining for a glance of the blue sky.

Then there are times when I dont see it at all, but I am restless. It cant be. Its out there. It has to be out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment